Spring 2012 Home + Interiors Trends – A Taste of Spring
With the beginning of Design and Gift Market Shows, I have been receiving hints of what is new at market, and an opportunity to intuit what home and interior trends may be visible on the horizon.
Here’s a small taste of what is to come:
I captured the color palette and added it for your edification to this sneak-peek at Designers Guild Spring/Summer 2012 Collection – Tricia Guild can do no color wrong! I can practically feel the Spring breeze on my face…
NYIGF is right around the corner – you can’t attend if you are not in the trade, but as I always, I will bring you the highlights in the first week of February.
I love vintage items! It gives a space a collected-over-time look that supports a mix of styles that can’t help but convey warmth and a fresh perspective. The NYIGF show catalog offers a preview of Rosanna’s Spring collection which includes a pressed glass collection that had me at “pressed glass”. Vintage pressed glass (which industrialized glass production by making it affordable to all) can be costly, but Rosanna’s pricing is terrific – can’t wait to add this to MyHomeFaceLift.com!
Metallics are still big for 2012, in table top, dinnerware, lighting, wall paper and more. Caskata has some great new dinnerware offerings for all the entertaining drama. I love Schumacher’s Mai Chiang Dragon wallpaper and fabric! (I can virtually hear some you saying, Really?)
But the fabric is quite the splurge – and the wall paper is astronomical! Caskata has come to the rescue with all the dragon and metallic drama for less than the cost of a Mai Chiang Pillow.
If you are not personally in love with metallics or Asian motifs, there is something in moody Indigo for lovers of French Country style – this indigo porcelain is so well done that this is the only time you will EVER see a rootser on this blog, or at www.MyHomeFacelift.com
So much more, on the shows, 2012 spring trends, product and color trends coming soon – stay tuned!
- Interior Trends 2011 / 2012 – The Color of Velvet (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Interior Trends 2012 – The Anatomy of GREAT Design – Part 2 (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends 2011 / 2012 – Color Me Purple! (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- New! 2012 Pantone Color of the Year – Tangerine Tango! (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends 2012 – Naturally Neutral (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Inspiration – Smelling The Roses at Corning Glass (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Painting Trends 2012 – Not so New! (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Spring 2012: Island Blooms (insidestitch.com)
- 2012 Spring Wedding Colors – VegasVows (revdebi.com)