Color Inspiration – Smelling The Roses at Corning Glass
I am back from having taken some unfortunate time to coalesce last week, and boy am I behind! I thought I gear up for all the holiday ideas to come by sharing some literally timeless color inspiration from a recent trip to the Corning Museum of Glass, as we all recover from all that turkey and pie.
Glass is one of the best places to look for accent color to translate into your space, whether pillows and lamps or ideas for Holiday table stories.
What goes around comes around – pressed glass was created to make glass affordable to everyone. What is intriguing is how this vintage color palette has been resurrected to a prominence in so many home accents in today’s tough economy – but challenges aside, this palette of Cobalt, Aubergine, Citrine, Gold and Taupe is a timeless classic!
Collections cane be a focal and unifying part of any design. Click on the image above to see it in detail! Snuff may not be a function to incorporate into a healthy life style, but vintage Chinese, and Japanese snuff bottles are miracles of detail and design.
Glass artists take details to the extreme, creating detail intensive works of art whose practical creation is mind numbing to imagine…
Vintage printed soda bottles with soda still contained are time capsules of decades where rest and recreation omitted texting, gaming, facebook or even mobile conversation – yet the language of color was spoken by all.
Color is everywhere at corning, and it never stops amazing me that one material can be so versatile with so many applications!
What a gorgeous palette!
This emerald green chandelier looks like something out of Oz’s Emerald City…
The tour begins and ends with this installation by Dale Chihuli, whose glass installations sparkle in many of my color dreams.
- Glass Masters at Work: Vittorio Costantini (milkandcookies.com)
- Color Trends 2012 – Family-Friendly White Rooms! (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends 2012 – Naturally Neutral (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends 2012 – Violet Twilight Color Stories Go Neutral (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends 2011 – 2012 – Color Made Easy (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- Color Trends Fall/Winter 2012 – Converge and Compliments vs. Algebra (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- New! Color Trends Summer 2013 – Sneak Peek! (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)
- New! Colore Trends 2012 – Benjamin Moore’s Color Stories (redoitdesign.wordpress.com)